ADRA Rwanda has been working for more than 37 years to improve the Health of individuals, families and communities through capacity building of health care professionals, construction and rehabilitation of health care facilities. Currently ADRA Rwanda is a member of the National Nutrition Sector Working Group. ADRA Rwanda is recognized as a reliable partner that has delivered the basic package for Health including preventive interventions, reproductive Health and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases. The main interventions include nutrition, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, building health facilities, mobilizing and educating communities, Maternal and child health and more recently programming for Tuberculosis control. Over the last five years ADRA Rwanda has reached 3,147,207 people including women and children.
Health objective (2016-2020)
- Improve health status of the Rwandan population
- Increase access to quality primary health care services to vulnerable communities.
- Increased access, care and support for communicable and non-communicable diseases (HIV/AIDS and TB).
- Reduce maternal and child mortality.
- Increase sustainable health promotion practices.
- Increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene activities.